At Summer’s peak, we love to stick with simple recipes in the kitchen! Whether it’s throwing something together for unexpected guests or a snack for the kiddos between jumps in the pool, we find it’s always handy to have a few quick and easy throw together recipes in our repertoire.
This week we’re sharing a staff favourite and one you may have sampled last year while visiting Anna’s!
Pesto & Bruschetta Flatbread Recipe:
- 1 Package of Naan Bread: If you’re unfamiliar with naan, it is an Indian style flatbread: soft, pillowy, and full of lovely bubbles!
- 1 Jar of Garlic Scape & Kale Pesto by The Garlic Box
- 1 Jar of Oven-Roasted Tomato & Basil Bruschetta by Wildly Delicious
- Parmesan Cheese
Simply take 2-3 teaspoons of the pesto and spread it on the Naan bread, then 2 teaspoons of bruschetta spread on top of that and sprinkle parmesan cheese to taste.
Place your Naan bread in the toaster oven set at 300°F for 15 minutes or until lightly toasted and voila, a delicious summer snack!
Looking for the details on these yummy Canadian-made condiments? Check it out:
Oven Roasted Tomato & Basil Bruschetta by Wildly Delicious:
Garlic and basil enhance the natural sweetness of oven-roasted tomatoes in this classic Italian condiment. Serve with olive oil toasted baguette rounds and crostinis topped with a variety of cheeses, also makes a refreshing side dish or salad.
Ingredients: Diced tomatoes (tomatoes, tomato juice, salt, citric acid, calcium chloride), onions, oven-roasted tomatoes (sundried tomatoes, oil, lemon juice, sugar, onion, spices), canola oil, water, red wine vinegar, basil, parsley, garlic, sugar, concentrated lemon juice, sea salt, spice, citric acid.
- Free of saturated fat – Free of trans fatty acids – Free of cholesterol
- Refrigerate after opening. Stir well before serving
- Contains Sulphites. May contain mustard, sesame, wheat, tree nuts, soy, milk, eggs, fish.
- Made in Canada from domestic and imported ingredients
Garlic Scape & Kale Pesto by The Garlic Box:
Made with 100% Ontario garlic scapes and baby kale leaves. Use this healthy spread on pasta, chicken, fish, smear on bread, pizza crust, toss with potatoes, vegetables, in rice, salads or in a dressing.
Rich source of fibre (fibre strands may appear in your pesto which is an inherent part of the scape and kale plant structure). Scapes are rich in chlorophyll, oxidize and cleanse the blood and are packed with nutrients. Kale is considered a superfood; a rich source of Vitamin K.
Ingredients: Ontario garlic scapes, sunflower oil, sunflower seeds, kale, lemon juice, salt, pepper, citric acid, ascorbic acid.