The cooler weather has officially arrived and the first place we tend to notice is our skin! If you’re anything like us, we’re constantly reaching for lotion and lip balm to tend to our dry skin. Before you grab that lip balm that has been in your pocket for a few months, take a peek at the ingredients list on the back…
Many of the lip balms on the market that we’ve grown a love for over the years contain some pretty harmful ingredients that have no business being anywhere near our skin. If you really think about it, a good lip balm shouldn’t require a constant re-application, just like a quality lotion, you should feel moisturized and refreshed! The ingredients of some of the most popular balms actually dry your lips out more, cause the need for constant re-application and re-purchasing of the product.
This week we wanted to highlight a new wellness product we’ve recently added to our shelves – Eco Lips Organic & Fair-Trade lip balms.
What started as a passion project for Andrea Danielson with a small batched project in her kitchen, blossomed into a plant-focused lip-balm business through a love story between founder Andrea and husband Steve Shriver of Iowa.
Andrea & Steve are proud to note that Eco Lips was the first USDA-certified organic lip balm on the market. Meaning that their products are made with wind power offsets, fair trade, gluten-free and cruelty-free ingredients and are never tested on animals. Eco Lips come in a wide selection of protection based on lifestyles and dietary restrictions, aiming to create a lip balm for the environmentally-conscience purchaser on the market.
Eco Lips: Healthy ingredients, Packaging and Sourcing
Eco Lips ingredients are sourced from all over the world as they make it their passion to use the purest and highest quality raw materials. Supporting organic farming and sustainable business practices, Eco Lips uses Fair Trade Certified™ cocoa butter and coconut oil to help support a better life for the farmers.
You will notice on the product packaging that Eco Lips uses recyclable lip balm containers created with 40% recycled content.
What products do you carry here at Anna’s Garden, Home & Wellness:
- Eco Tints Lip Balm: Moisturize your lips and provide a sheer tint in a choice of six shades. Perfect for making the switch from work to evening, or any time to freshen up.
- One World Lip Balm: Available in 3 flavours: Relax, Restore and Renew – One World balms are an opportunity to connect to the source and be reminded that we all share one world.
- Renew a beautifully crafted organic, Fair Trade Certified™ blend of anti-aging Moroccan argan oil. Rich in fatty acids and sterolins, this exotic oil aids in cell renewal and helps fight free radicals that contribute to premature aging.
- Relax: is a Fair Trade Certified™ blend of calming Mediterranean lavender and olive fruit oil. Release and unwind with the soothing scents of lavender, lemon and warming vanilla to help relieve stress and Zen out.
- Restore a beautifully crafted organic, Fair Trade Certified™ blend of repairing South Pacific tamanu oil. This exotic oil soothes sore lips and aids in the restoration process while emollient coconut nourishes dry, damaged skin.
- Hemp: The healing properties of Hempseed oil are renowned throughout the world. This certified organic Manitoba-harvested hempseed oil infused with vitamins will help to soothe your lips.
- Not made with THC or CBD
- Warm vanilla notes
- Ultra soothing
- Pure & Simple: USDA Certified Organic and 100% edible formula, made from food-grade ingredients. Great for the whole family, including kids. Available in the following flavours: