When the weather turns cold, we all love to dream about escaping to the beach- taking in the perfect sunset as we enjoy the sound of the waves hitting the shore, finding sweet treasures as we sink our toes into the sand however, do we ever stop to think about our impact on this underwater world that we care about so much?
Alex Schulze and Andrew Cooper, the founders of 4ocean, were on a surf trip in Bali Indonesia when they devastatingly discovered just how much plastic had made its way into the ocean. After doing some research they found that the plastic was not only threatening the ocean environment but the fishermen’s livelihood, bringing them to question if fishermen could switch their focus from catching fish to plastic. They knew they needed to create something that would generate funds for cleanup efforts, and this is how 4ocean bracelets came to be!
Crafted with recycled materials, every bracelet purchased funds the removal of 1 pound of trash from the ocean and coastlines.
Choose from one of four bracelets to help clean up the ocean and coastlines that we all love to visit:
The Signature Blue Bracelet: By purchasing the 4ocean Signature Blue Bracelet, your funds will go towards removing one pound of trash from the ocean and coastlines.
Sea Turtles Lime Bracelet: By purchasing the 4ocean Sea Turtle Bracelet, your funds will go towards removing one pound of trash from the ocean and coastlines. It will also support critical research at the Florida Atlantic University Marine Research Lab, focusing on advancing rescue and release efforts.
Sustainable Fishing Red Bracelet: By purchasing the 4ocean Sustainable Fishing Bracelet, your funds will go towards removing one pound of trash from the ocean and coastlines, advocating for marine protected areas, and supporting sustainable fisheries with SeaLegacy.
Marine Nursery Bracelet: By purchasing the 4ocean Marine Nursery Bracelet, your funds will go towards removing one pound of trash from the ocean and coastlines, and support the Global Ocean Movement which helps to protect estuaries and restore mangrove forests where many baby sea animals are born and sheltered as they mature.
5 Easy Ways You Can Cut Plastic Out Of Your Daily Routine:
1) Reusable Shopping Bags: Next time you are in, be sure to remember to bring your reusable Anna’s Canvas bag!
2) Invest in reusable produce bags instead of needing to use individual plastic bags for every item.
3) Going to bulk stores? Bring your own re-useable containers and mason jars instead of using their plastic bags.
4) Bring your own reusable mug, the next time you are going to purchase your morning tea/coffee.
5) Keep your own reusable straw in your purse/bag and remind your server the next time you order your drink, that you won’t be needing a straw.