Aglaonema also referred to as Chinese Evergreen, is an adored species in the houseplant world- known for its vibrant colours and striking patterned leaves. A durable and fairly adaptable tropical houseplant that is suitable for the forgetful plant parent or the not so ideal plant room in your home!
Aglaonema ‘Lady Valentine‘ is a stand-out, with its stunning pink and green variegated foliage. The perfect gift for the sweet valentine in your life!
Care & Maintenance for your Aglaonema:
- Light: Bright, indirect light.
- Water: Water the plant when the top 1-2 inches of soil are dry. When watering, allowing water to soak through to the roots, then tip out any excess water. Water thoroughly in the summer and mist the plant often to raise the humidity. During the winter, reduce watering but do not let the plant dry out completely.
- Fertilizer: Feed with slow-release pellets or liquid fertilizer during the growing season.
- Temperature & Humidity: They are happiest at room temperature (60°F – 77°F). Ensure that you keep your plant away from drafts and cold temperatures in the Winter. Aglaonemas prefer higher levels of humidity- if placed in a dry location you can use a pebble tray or humidifier to increase humidity.
- Maintenance: Aglaonemas are slow-growing and will only need repotting every two to three years. You will know it is time to re-pot by touching the soil and seeing it has become loose, or if the roots have become overgrown. The number one rule to remember for aglaonema care is to keep it warm and moist. Rotate your plant occasionally to encourage even growth.