The most perfect flower to ease us into the crisp days of fall. Annual Black-Eyed Susans or Rudbeckia, are the stars of the late summer garden. Characterized by their huge blossoms on vigorous, uniform stems, their eye-catching colour is the perfect dose of cheer to remind us that autumn will bring its own type of beauty and goodness!
Exceptionally easy to grow, their daisy-like blooms are suited to prairie or wildflower garden beds or patio pots! Not only loved by gardeners but pollinators such as bees and butterflies find rudbeckia to be the perfect landing pad!
Care and Maintenance for Rudbeckia annuals:
- Light: Full sun or partial shade
- Water: Keep soil evenly moist. Always try to water the soil, rather than the foliage
- Fertilizer: Water-soluble 20-20-20 weekly
- Bloom Time: late summer to mid-autumn
- Low maintenance.
- Heat, wind, and drought tolerant.
- Prune old flowers to promote budding.
- Great in planters and garden beds.
- Height: 12″-18″
- Width: 12″-16″
Tell us in the comments below, what are your favourite fall annuals?