A stunning member of the prayer plant family, adored for its vivid colour and painted looking stripes, the Stromanthe Triostar or Magenta Triostar will quickly become a houseplant favourite in your home!
Whether it’s the impressive foliage, it’s dreamy tropical vibes or the fact that its leaves have a love for light, just as much as humans do, literally pointing up to the stars as the day fades into night. Found in the tropical jungles of Brazil, it’s pointed leaves offer a variety of cream, pink, and pale green colours with a vibrant maroon underside.
Care and Maintenance for Stromanthe Triostar:
- Light: Bright, indirect light. Direct sunlight will cause burn spots on the leaves.
- Water: Keep the soil slightly damp, allowing the top inch to dry out before watering again. Daily misting or a pebble tray is recommended if not placed in a humid space.
- Placement: Ideally place your Stromanthe in a warm, humid environment. Avoid placing your plant near vents and fans. Rotate plant weekly.
- Fertilizer: Monthly during the growing season (Spring-Fall) Always dilute the fertilizer to the ½ strength and never apply on dry soil.
- Growth: These full, vibrant plants will grow 2-3′ high and 1-2′ across at maturity with the proper care.
- Maintenance: Remove brown leaves or the brown portions of the leaves