This week we are excited to introduce you to a delightfully fast-growing, easy to care for succulent- known for its silvery-white, velvety soft leaves. We adore how much of a modern statement they make due to their unique texture, striking colour and size!
Unlike most succulents, Angel Wings are a rounded plant with large, broad leaves and toothed edges. Perfect for indoors or out, Senecio can be kept inside as a houseplant and brought outside during the warmer months.
How to Grow & Care for Senecio Angel Wings:
- Light: Partial to Full Sun
- Water: Extremely drought-tolerant, water occasionally. They will require more water in the summer, especially if outdoors. Allow the soil to dry out between watering in winter, when they are somewhat dormant.
- Soil: Moderately fertile, freely draining, sandy.
- Size: reaches 10-16″ tall and wide
- Fertilize: annually with 20-20-20 all-purpose fertilizer
- Prune: where the stem is firm, in very early spring. If you are looking to start another plant, you can root the cuttings.
- Location: They enjoy spending their summer outdoors, ensuring that you bring them indoors in the fall before there is a threat of frost.
Compared to by some to that of Lamb’s Ear for its soft leaves, Senecio Angel wing is a plant that is made for touching! First discovered in Chile in the Patagonia region and then next discovered in the mountains of Japan – incorporate this unique succulent in your home or garden in a variety of ways!