Feeling Snacky? Why not try something new this week, like GoGo Quinoa PUFFS! With its shortlist of organic ingredients that you’ll recognize and be able to pronounce, you can snack to your heart’s content.
GoGo Quinoa has created the first range of plant-based PUFFS in Canada, with healthy, organic, and gluten-free ingredients. Delicious and ultra-savoury, the PUFFS are the best good-for-you snack alternative on the market. With three grams of fibre and 6 grams of protein per serving, why deny yourself!
About GoGo Quinoa
From backpacker to food processor nationwide, Martin Bilodeau
Founding President’s meeting with quinoa was the motive for developing an ethical project led by fair and ecological values.
Nutritious, tasty and versatile, quinoa has all the essential amino acids for absorbing the proteins necessary for the renewal of body tissue and the maintenance of good health. The plants are resistant to drought, require little water, and reduce the agrarian environmental pressure posed by other crops such as rice or corn.
10 Facts About Cooked Quinoa
- Quinoa is high in protein. Quinoa is one of the few grains containing the nine essential amino acids. Most are low in lysine, so they are considered incomplete proteins. Quinoa, in turn, contains it, which allows it to be a complete protein, similar to animal protein. Yes, quinoa can be full of protein; 6 g of protein for 1/4 of a cup of uncooked quinoa.
- Quinoa is gluten-free. If you suffer from celiac disease, you most likely rely heavily on rice. Integrating quinoa helps you meet your daily requirement of iron, vitamin B, calcium and, of course, your intake of fibre more easily. Newly diagnosed as celiac? Don’t know what to eat? Read this post.
- Quinoa is a great source of fibre. One of the main benefits of quinoa is its fibre content! 12% for 45 g of uncooked quinoa.
- Quinoa is good for your heart. This seed contains high levels of omega-3 lipids that are beneficial to your heart.
- Quinoa is full of antioxidants. If you are interested in the scientific terms, quinoa has a high content of flavonoids, isoflavones, and daidzein (yes, they are all antioxidants). They play a role in the prevention of chronic diseases, inflammation, diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Quinoa is highly nutritious. Nowadays, our systems lack many essential nutrients because of modern fast food and processed foods. Quinoa is an excellent source of vitamins and mineral that help balance your body’s requirements.
- Quinoa is great for weight loss. Quinoa is full of insoluble fibre that makes you feel satiated. How? Insoluble fibre is not digested, so the combination of protein and fibre slows down the rate at which the food leaves the stomach, leading to a decrease in caloric intake.
- Quinoa has a good concentration of quercetin, a proven cancer fighter. You know about cranberry juice being good for preventing cancer? Well, quinoa is an even better choice!
- Quinoa reduces the risk of diabetes. It’s not just about quinoa, it’s about the high fibre content! High fibre intake reduces the onset of diabetes.
- Quinoa is simply the ultimate superfood, what other reason do you really need?
Here at Anna’s we’re happy to carry the following flavours of PUFFS:
- Vegan White Chedda
- Pink Salt & Vinegar